Home / Shop
Texas State Flags 2x3 to 5x8 ft.
The Flag of Texas:
Officially Adopted: January 25, 1839
The Texas state flag which is the official US state flag of Texas was officially adopted on January 25, 1839. It features a single white star, and three bands of red, white, and blue. The state’s nickname, the Lone Star state came from the iconic symbol on the flag. The blue stands for loyalty, white for purity, and red for bravery. The single star stands for all of Texas that represents unity for God, state, and country. The Lone Star symbol was also an older symbol that represented independence from Mexico.
The Texas flag wasn’t always depicted as the current Lone Star flag. Texas has flown six nations’ flags over the years based on who controlled Texas.
- Spain (1519 – 1685 and 1690 – 1821)
- France (1685 – 1690)
- Mexico (1821 – 1836)
- Republic of Texas (1836 – 1845)
- Confederate States of America (1861- 1865)
- United State of America (1845 – 1861 and 1865 – present)
Texas State Flag Pledge
Many states have an official pledge to their state flag. Texas has an official pledge although many Texans may not know their state flag pledge. The pledge is, “Honor the Texas flag; I pledge allegiance to thee, Texas, one state under God, one and indivisible.”
All of our state flags, regardless of the size are made here in the USA and have the same high quality characteristics:
- Constructed with 100% nylon
- Beautiful, brilliant colors
- Resistant to wear and tear of sun & rain
- Complete with heavy canvas heading & brass grommets-
- All intricate emblems are accurately reproduced to fine detail
- We also stock 3'x5' indoor state flags with pole hem and fringe, as shown in the selector below
Made in the USA by Valley Forge Flags