Home / Shop
South Dakota State Flags 2x3 to 5x8 ft.
The Flag of South Dakota:
Flag Officially Adopted: November 9, 1992
The South Dakota flag features the state seal surrounded by a golden blazing sun in a field of sky blue. Letters reading “South Dakota, The Mount Rushmore State”, the official state nickname, are arranged in a circle around the sun. The flag was officially adopted on November 9, 1992 after the state nickname was added. The state flag of South Dakota was designed originally by legislative librarian, Ida M. Anding in 1909 but since has been modernized and a state seal was added to the flag. The state seal was originally on the reverse side of the flag but because of the expense of having a double sided flag the seal was moved.
South Dakota State Flag Pledge
South Dakota is one of the few states that have a state flag pledge. Although law says that the state flag pledge should not replace the Pledge of Allegiance to the US’s national pledge.
“I pledge loyalty and support to the flag and State of South Dakota, land of sunshine, land of infinite variety.”
All of our state flags, regardless of the size are made here in the USA and have the same high quality characteristics:
- Constructed with 100% nylon
- Beautiful, brilliant colors
- Resistant to wear and tear of sun & rain
- Complete with heavy canvas heading & brass grommets-
- All intricate emblems are accurately reproduced to fine detail
- We also stock 3'x5' indoor state flags with pole hem and fringe, as shown in the selector below
Made in the USA by Valley Forge Flags