Home / Shop
Minnesota State Flags 2x3 to 5x8 ft.
The Flag of Minnesota:
Three dates are woven into the wreath: 1858, the year Minnesota became a state; 1819, the year Fort Snelling was established; and 1893, the year the official flag was adopted. Nineteen stars ring the wreath. symbolizing the fact that Minnesota was the 19th state to enter the Union after the original 13. The largest star represents the North star and Minnesota.
“L’étoile du Nord” translates to “the star of the North” which is Minnesota’s official motto.
Symbolism within the Seal on the Flag
•Native American on a horse – represents Native American heritage throughout Minnesota
•Horse, spear, axe, rifle, and plow – represent important tools that were used for hunting and labor
•The three pine trees – Minnesota’s official state tree (red pine)
•Tree stump – the importance of Minnesota’s timber industry
•The cultivated ground and plow – the importance of agriculture
All of our state flags, regardless of the size are made here in the USA and have the same high quality characteristics:
- Constructed with 100% nylon
- Beautiful, brilliant colors
- Resistant to wear and tear of sun & rain
- Complete with heavy canvas heading & brass grommets-
- All intricate emblems are accurately reproduced to fine detail
- We also stock 3'x5' indoor state flags with pole hem and fringe, as shown in the selector below
Made in the USA by Valley Forge Flags