Louisiana State Flags 2x3 to 5x8 ft.
The Flag of Louisana:
Officially Adopted: November 22, 2010 (Original design adopted 1912)
The Louisiana state flag was originally adopted in 1912 but in November 2010 it was updated with more detail. The design on the flag consists of a heraldic image of a mother eastern brown pelican in her nest feeding her young with her blood on a blue background with white and gold details – blue, gold, and white are the official colors of Louisiana.
The image of the pelicans represents self-sacrifice and dedication. It was a traditional common image by the early French settlers of Louisiana. The image of the pelicans is also shown on the official state seal of Louisiana.
Louisiana Flag Pledge of Allegiance
“I pledge allegiance to the flag of the state of Louisiana and to the motto for which it stands: A state, under God, united in purpose and ideals, confident that justice shall prevail for all those abiding here.”
All of our state flags, regardless of the size are made here in the USA and have the same high quality characteristics:
- Constructed with 100% nylon
- Beautiful, brilliant colors
- Resistant to wear and tear of sun & rain
- Complete with heavy canvas heading & brass grommets-
- All intricate emblems are accurately reproduced to fine detail
- We also stock 3'x5' indoor state flags with pole hem and fringe, as shown in the selector below
Made in the USA by Valley Forge Flags